If you believe that your patient rights have been breached, we encourage you to contact the relevant department as soon as possible. This will allow the department to review its practices. Formal complaints must be made in writing.

If the department has considered your complaint but not changed its decision, the department must forward your complaint to the County Governor without undue delay.​

The Health & Social Services Ombudsman

The Health & Social Services Ombudsman can provide more information about patient rights and/or help patients make a complaint about the health service or make a claim for compensation from the NPE. The services provided by the Health & Social Services Ombudsman are free of charge.​


Visit and read more


Telephone: 953 35 050, 08:00 to 14:30 


Telephone: 55 21 80 90, 09:00-11:30 and 12:30-14:30

Last updated 10/31/2017